Fish can be boring. This fish is not. Fish recipes can be fussy. This one is not. Try it tonight!
- 2 filets of cod, tilapia, or any other firm white fish you like (~6 oz. each)
- 1/2 c. almond meal
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 T. coconut oil for pan-frying
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped parsley and lemon for garnish
- Place almond meal in a shallow dish. Add paprika, garlic & onion powder and mix together.
- Season the fish filets generously with salt & pepper.
- Spread mustard on both sides of the filets and then transfer to the almond mixture. Coat both sides.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, place the filets in the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until the fish is cooked through. Exterior should be browned and crispy but not burnt.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley or lemon.